Tuesday, August 24, 2010

“If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.” ~ Tom Stoppard

While reading through several blogs yesterday, I had the pleasant surprise of finding a blog that I had never seen before and OMG, I fell in love... Gail of Little Beach Designs had posted that she had put new items for sale in her Etsy Shop and being the shop-aholic that I am, I had to go see....

The first thing that caught my attention was this beautiful boudoir doll.


I really love her!!! She's sassy and classy ~ just what I like to see a lady be!

What I especially love about her though, is that she reminds me of the boudoir doll that my Grandma has in her guest room. Wow, she brings back memories...smiles...I swear this gal could be sisters with my Grandma's doll!


After I spent a few minutes drooling over her, I went back to the store front of Little Beach Designs and began looking at Gail's other items...Gail is really an awesome artist! Her creations are so cute and original...Just one example of Gail's work is this Vintage Cabinet Card Doll


One thing that I really appreciate in art, is a piece that has been created with love and attention to detail. That is something that Gail must appreciate as well because you can tell by looking at her art that she has put her heart and soul into each piece that she creates.

This Back To School Collage is a perfect example of what I'm talking about...

front

Gail definitely pays alot of attention to detail, as seen below...Not only does she make the front of her art look great, but she also gives each piece a little extra attention by finishing the back side of her art pieces.

back


I know (and I'm sure Gail does too) that alot of people won't take the time to look at the back of a piece of art, but those that do, will see that when she makes her art, she takes that little bit of extra time to make her art all the more special just by adding those little extra touches.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer,
    You are such a sweetie! Your kind words mean so much to me.....and to blog about me? Well, that's just such a special treat you can't even know. Everyone likes to be appreciated, and I just want you to know that I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawwwww...Thanks. Honestly, I just really got a warm fuzzy when I found your blog & shop and had to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete