Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Apologies & a Peek Into My "Big Art Project"

Let me start by apologizing for not visiting all of you yet for the French Cupboard's Paperie Party. I started to play and then got overwhelmed by life and so I have not yet had a chance to come see you all.

The last couple of days I have been reminded of a very important lesson and ironically, I am being reminded of this as I work on a my "huge" artistic venture, which happens to be for Dia de los Muertos.

My Ex-husband's Uncle Felix passed away on Saturday August 21, 2010.
While I'm not an official member of the family anymore, I was sad to hear about Uncle Felix. I really liked him. Uncle Felix was a very sweet 80 year old man who loved his family. It wasn't at all unusual to see Uncle Felix sitting in the corner of any family function with a smile on his face and a glimmer of pride and amusement in his eyes as he watched the hustle and bustle of the younger family members doing what they do.

And for the last week, my 7 year old son has been helping me with my Dia de los Muertos project...

So I thought I would take this opportunity to teach my son, and anyone else that visits my blog, about some of the cultural beliefs of his ancestors, while we remember Uncle Felix, as well as Grandma Margaret and Grandma B...
My posts may be sporadic over the next few weeks, but please follow along to learn more about one of the most important celebrations of life in the Mexican Culture; Dia de los Muertos.

No comments:

Post a Comment